Wednesday, March 23, 2005

ANATHEMA MAGAZINE IS THE BEST MAGAZINE EVER.

Okay, so I was reading the new magazine Anathema which I got at the absurdly fun and nice Anathema magazine party the other night at Tonic (save tonic!). It's fucking brilliant, I mean really brilliant. And despite the fact that most of the contributors are my friends, the thing I liked best was by a fellow named Nicholas Herman, whom I have never met. His article was a Foucaultian argument about the role of the photography of torture on public memory (Abu Ghraib) and a comparison of the Oubliette (medieval dungeon trapdoor in the floor of a court) with the Camera Obscura (pinhole camera). He then compares and inverts these comparisons. Go get the magazine now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sucka Pants said...

damn. . . i didn't get one. you got any extra lying around by chance?

3/23/2005 09:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker
Who Links Here